Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peter's 4th B-Day

Peter was so excited for his birthday that he sang himself the "Happy Birthday" song the entire day. We started the day out by buying birthday balloons and ice cream of his choice: pumpkin (inspired by the nursery rhyme "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater" that we sing to him frequently).

Here is the birthday boy in his birthday hat. I think he looks so much like Scott in this picture.
Here is the birthday set-up, complete with a cheesy grin from the birthday boy.

Here is the baseball cake that was suppose to be a soccer ball cake. I decided that buying a specific soccer ball pan was such a waste of money, so I thought of the brilliant idea of using a Pyrex mixing bowl. Apparently, a Pyrex mixing bowl is not a perfect circle because I could not get the hexagon-pentagon pattern of a soccer ball to work; combined with the fact that I could only get the icing a dark gray and not black--it was a mess! Peter was very upset with me for switching it to a baseball at first, but after some tall talking by Daddy and Grandma Stewart, he decided a baseball cake was almost as good as a soccer ball cake. Although he has made me promise him that he can have a soccer ball for his 5th birthday; I'll just have to make sure to buy that "waste of money soccer ball pan!"
I think he might have gotten more spit than air on the cake!

He got some money, a book, and a velcro sandwich making set from grandparents/family. He also got a dragon castle from Rigby, Scott, and I which was a source of GREAT contention (and still is sometimes) between him and Rigby. Good thing Rigby's Birthday is 2 week and 2 days later!

We love you Peter!

No comments: