Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Thing #1

Things have been a little bit crazy lately, because we just bought a house a few weeks ago. Here it is:


We were suppose to close on the Friday, the 10th of July, but our bank messed something up. So, while I was grocery shopping on Monday (our birthday-July 13th), Scott called me at 11:30 am and said, "um, we are going to close today Rachel." "When?" I asked (actually, I really kind of yelled madly into the phone at Scott while people were staring at me in Walmart-my poor birthday boy). Scott told me he wouldn't know until he got a call from the title company. They called around noon and wanted us to close at 1 pm. Just a bit impossible because I had no one to watch Peter and that was his nap time as well; also, I needed to pick Scott up from work because he takes a vanpool. So, then we compromised for 3 pm.

We ended up having to bring Peter with us. By the end, he was wearing his fudge cookies; also, our wonderful real estate agent helped to keep him happy for the last half. I spent the rest of the day in a daze and apologizing to Scott for getting so angry and yelling at him on his birthday. It was a stressful day, but in the end things turned out. I can honestly say that this is the most expensive birthday present either of us have or will ever receive in our lives.

Well, here is a grand tour of the house:

DOWNSTAIRS


UPSTAIRS

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a beautiful house! I love it and the yard is AWESOME for raising kids. I am a bit jealous, it sure does beat the postage stamp my house is built on!