Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

It was a quiet Christmas with just Scott, Peter, and I, but we really enjoyed relaxing. In fact, we had frozen pizza on Christmas Eve and spaghetti and bread sticks on Christmas day. I am thinking that easy meals are going to be a Christmas tradition for us since I am not very passionate about cooking. Maybe we will institute a traditional dessert on Christmas Eve next year.

We all began the morning by sleeping in until almost 10 a.m. (Peter is the best sleeper :)! As we wandered downstairs, Peter took one look at the presents under the tree and his tent, turned around, and ran to the computer. He then turned it on and started talking about "bu bu's" (buttons) and "CC's" (CD's). We had to coax him back into the other room by telling him the lights on the tree needed to be plugged into the outlet. Finally, he became interested in the presents when we showed him how to rip the paper off; he enjoys and is good at destruction. He really liked the toys, but the treats are really what got his attention. Every two seconds during unwrapping, he was begging for treats. Here are the pictures:

Most of my Christmas present was getting a budget to buy some things to hang on the walls. Here are my boys on Christmas Eve posing beneath the first official picture hung in the house. It is about time after living here for six months.
Thank you my sweet hubby for staying up late on Christmas Eve to hang things up!

This is what it looked like after Santa stopped by.

Peter's favorite toys, so far, include an electronic alphabet book/game, his tent, and a battery operated toy drill and flashlight. Here is my cute little handyman in training.

I guess this little handyman needs a lot more training. Drilling into his ear is probably not the greatest idea.

Scott was so enamored with the flash and zoom lens he got for the camera that he did not notice Peter trying to play with a CC while he documented it with a picture.
Our stockings look just like a Santa hat we have, so Peter just assumed it was a hat as well.

I decided to document my growing belly.
Eight weeks until Rigby's ETA!
Knock on wood before I type this next part. I am feeling really good about this pregnancy compared to my pregnancy with Peter. I have gained less weight, hardly any water retention so far, and minimal acne. Hopefully it continues to go so well.

I love this picture of my boys and their power tools. It is so cute to watch Peter go around the house with his drill and flashlight imitating what he has seen Scott do.


Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

jen.nie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy 20-10! Looks like you had a nice christmas. I love Peter's tent, did you make it? I can't believe how big he is and that soon you will have another one!