Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know this post is a little late but Peter decided to bring home a nasty bug from nursery and share it with Scott and I right before Thanksgiving. So, we have all been groggy and lazy for the past couple of weeks. Well, better late than never-right?!

We were able to spend Thanksgiving with Seth, Debra, and Sofie who traveled up from the Rio Grande Valley (south Texas near the border with Mexico). Seth and I are childhood friends. We were glad they could come visit because it was much more fun than just the three of us. Also, cooking is not my passion nor my forte, so I appreciated the help.


This is me looking disheveled while cooking the pumpkin chiffon pie. I thought I would put this picture up, not because I wanted to show my lovely 7 month pregnancy physique, but because I wanted to show my poison oak arms for future remembrance.
I promise it looked worse in person. Every time I see this picture I start to itch and have a renewed desire to avoid poison oak at ALL COSTS.

Our table of yummy food-minus the pie, cranberry sauce, and gravy. I felt like we had prepared a million dishes, but this picture shows a rather slim selection. Oh well, it was the first official Thanksgiving without any other family for all of us, and I think we did a decent job.

Peter enjoying the feast. He made a royal mess!
Do you think he could open up his mouth any wider?

Seth feeding cute little Sofie pumpkin chiffon pie.

Sorry no pictures of our photographers, Scott and Debra. I really wish we could have had a group picture taken, but things were really crazy. By the way, I really, really, really appreciate my family's hard work from previous Thanksgivings. This meal wiped me out for days! I think I am done cooking for the rest of the year-sorry my poor boys.

No comments: