Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Projects

As I was reading through old posts the other day, I realized that I hardly ever mention anything about what Scott and I are up to unless it is a family outing/vacation. Of coarse, we are not nearly as cute, interesting or photogenic as Rigby and Peter; but if this is going to be a sort of family history, then I had better start recording a little bit more about Scottie and I.

It is no secret that I STRONGLY dislike cooking. The past few weeks I have had a goal to cook more consistently and try a few new recipes. I found a recipe for chicken pot pies, and they turned out so well that I had to take a picture. Now, they do not look as good as Marie Calendar's Pies, but she was not taking care of a 2 year old and a baby while making them! I'm pretty proud of myself if you can't tell.


I have also been making a felt book (a.k.a. a quiet book) for the kids to use at church. It took way too much time and effort to make, but Peter loves it. So, here are pictures of some of my favorite pages to document what it looks like before the kids destroy it sometime in the future.

Barnyard Animal Finger Puppets

Mr. Potato Head (his parts velcro on)

Flower Buttons

Picnic Basket with Food and Table Cloth

Road Mat and Pockets for Cars

Shapes and Colors

Scottie has been wonderful to paint lately. We have had a couple of painting sessions until 3 am because that is the only time we can paint without help from Peter and Rigby. I will put up more pictures of it later, but here is a look at how high up we had to paint in the entry way.

We had some wood rot around the garage door, so Scottie has been able to practice using his router and miter saw to fix it. In the process we found what we think are some old snake eggs. I suspect it was only a rat snake (small and not aggressive) because we chased one away right before we moved in. Since we live next to the levy we experience an extra dose of snakes, bugs, birds, etc.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I am impressed with the quiet book! Those pages look amazing, that must have took a lot of patience! Your pot pies look great too, I don't think that I could do that!