Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bear & Wolf Refuge

In West Yellowstone we went to a Bear & Wolf Refuge. I thing they house injured bears and wolves from the wild.

I have been to Yellowstone a lot throughout the years, but I have never seen a bear in the wild. I guess this is the closest I am going to get.

Peter ended up being more interested in the telescope instead of the bears.
According to Peter this is a doggie, not a wolf.

Here is a rare captured "Peter Bear."

The refuge had a lot of garbage cans that bears had destroyed. The funny thing is that they were all designed to keep the bears out; obviously the bears are more resourceful than people realized. They even had metal ones that had been broken into and bent.

This giant bear couch was in the gift shop.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Fun pictures. The garbage can is hilarious. Those bears are so smart!