Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Boys vs Girls

Since Adeline is only 3 months old, I still have a lot to experience in order to see the general differences between boys and girls; but, one difference I know for sure is that most girls are all about DETAILS!  I knew this before having a baby girl, but actually having to take care of her has really  opened my eyes up to how detail oriented and high maintenance we can be! (Sorry my boys!)  

It is not just pants and a t-shirt like the boys.  It is a shirt/cardigan, pants/skirt/skort/leggings, maybe a bracelet, multiple headbands/bows to choose from, cute little shoes, etc.  Sometimes I love dressing her and sometimes it drives me crazy (that is what "pajamas days" are for:).  Her room is no exception.  I had so much fun with all of the details.  So without further ado, here is a blog post with way too many girly details about Adeline's very pink room.       

This is Addy's future bed/guest bed.  The green chair was once in my grandparent's family room and the doll is my Anne of Green Gables doll with a picture of the Rexburg Temple above the chair.  In a perfect world the trim and doors would be white, not cream, in order to match all the white decor, but I got a headache even just thinking about sanding and repainting them. 

On the other side of the room is Adeline's crib.  Again, in an ideal world the crib would have been painted white too--oh well.  I made the sheet and crib skirt to match the room.  The quilt was made by Scott's Aunt Joyce.  Adeline loves to lay and look at the quilt.

Here is the collage above the guest bed.  Don't worry, our over-night guests are safe; I have secured the metal wall hanging so it will not mash them on the head in the middle of the night.  I bought the metal scroll from Hobby Lobby and painted it white.  The picture frames were $4 from Michael's and I put fabric behind the pictures.  The picture of the mother and girl hugging I purchased when I visited the Louvre in France, the middle picture is of Christ with some children, and I am still trying to find something I like for the third frame.

I bought the pillow shams and quilt from Target, I made the two square pillows with some fabric from Hobby Lobby, and the pink pillow I made from an old shirt I did not wear anymore.  The bear is from my ridiculously extensive collection of stuffed animals.

This night stand was my mom's as a little girl.  There is a matching dresser and mirror, but it will not fit until the crib is out.  The flowers, books, lamp, and doily are all things I had hanging around the house.  The vase and picture frame I bought a few years ago in hopes that I would use them to decorate my future little girl's room; glad I did not jinx that one :).

My Grandma Farrow will be embarrassed when she see's this, but I love this picture of her.  She let us use her name, Afton, as Adeline's middle name. 

My favorite thing about the room!  A picture frame from our wedding, the same matching fabric, and a puzzle that my mom played with as a little girl.

Another green chair from my grandparents, my Great-Grandma Bunderson's rose pillow, and a mirror that was a wedding gift.

This is a little craft that I helped some Activity Day girls make in Utah.

My second favorite thing in the room are the curtains (from Target).  

Someday they will have to be turned into valences because I am sure the kids will play Tarzan on them and yank them right out of the wall!  Sad, but true.


I tried to use items that I already had because I wanted to look in this room and see memories as well as save a little money.  I know this room will never stay this pristine when Adeline gets older, but for now I love to come in here, lay down on the floor, and enjoy it!  The next step is to get Adeline to sleep in here!


No comments: