Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Father's Day

It was so much fun to have our dads here to celebrate Father's Day.  We were able to have grilled chicken with a variety of barbeque sauces (one of the things I love about Texas), mashed potatoes and gravy, some vegetables, and dessert.  After dinner the dads opened their gifts.  I wish I had thought to take pictures of them opening the gifts, but I forgot.  So a little tribute to each wonderful dad will have to do.


Scotty is such a patient and fun father.  He is always so willing to help with unpleasant tasks such as changing diapers, and he is great about playing with the boys when he gets home from work.  One of my favorite things is to see the boys get excited about tools with their daddy.

Another one of my favorite memories about Scott with the kids is that he lets them pick out a tie for him to wear each Sunday.  So in honor of that memory, I had the kids pick out their favorite tie to wear for Scott's Father's Day card.




With three daughters my poor dad had to shop for so many girly things over the years.  Thank you dad!  A couple of things that I love about my dad is that he is hard-working and so smart.  He was always able and willing to help us girls with any school work (still helping one).  He can also fix pretty much anything.  Love you dad!

Here is my dad playing swords with Peter on Father's Day weekend.  I hope that my parents get to raise some little boys in heaven because I think my dad would be wonderful with a son.  (You too mom:)

One of my favorite memories is when my dad shot off rockets for Isabelle and Peter.


I truly appreciate my father-in-law for being such a great example of a father/husband for Scott; I am forever indebted!  I am also so impressed by his strong work ethic and knowledge about the gospel.  Oh, and I love eating your cooking Doug! 

Doug was so patient to let the boys decorate his head with glow sticks on Father's Day.

One of my favorite memories of Doug is when we went to the train station.  I loved watching Peter and Grandpa be such great buddies.


Hope we can think of another excuse to get everybody together again soon!

No comments: