Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trip West: Idaho, Part 1

I have been looking forward to taking a trip out west with Scottie and the kids for a few years now and we finally got to go for a couple of weeks in August.  It was amazing and wonderful!  Of coarse it went by way too quickly, and now we are back to the daily grind.  It is okay though because we have some fun memories and pictures that we can look back on.  So here are a plethora of pictures that are going to have to tide me over for a few years until our next adventure out west.

We flew into Utah on Friday and drove up the Idaho Falls the next day to visit and stay with my Grandma and Grandpa Farrow.  Here are some pictures of our fun:

The boys LOVED my grandparents collection of plastic spider/ants.  In fact, Peter thought it was a hoot to chase Isabelle around with them.  Sorry Isabelle:)! (Peter & Great Grandma)

We took a little trip to Rexburg and reminisced about our college years and first year of marriage.  Ahhhh, the good 'ole days!  The boys enjoyed playing at the park without being drenched in sweat.  Also, I LOVED that I could let them go barefoot and not worry about fire ants! (Rigby)

Here are me and my girly hanging out at the park.  Love her face in this picture! (Rachel & Adeline)

We drove by the Rexburg Temple . . . 


. . . and stopped by the Rexburg Cemetery to see where Grandpa and Grandma Flamm are buried. (Scott & Peter)

We also took a WONDERFUL and LONG, soul feeding Sunday drive through the farms along the bench . . .

. . . and drooled over the GORGEOUS wilderness/mountains.  Sigh!

 

We got a cute picture of Grandma Afton Farrow and her namesake Adeline Afton Flamm. (Great Grandma & Adeline)

And here I am with my Grandma and Grandpa Farrow.  Love them. (Rachel, Grandma, Grandpa)

2 comments:

KaraLee Anderson said...

Love the pics! Glad you were able to make it back!

Lindsey said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! There are some REALLY good pictures there, I love them!!