Sunday, September 1, 2013

Trip East: The Beach

A week before the beach trip, the condo people called and cancelled our reservations because they had just sold all of the units to private owners.  So, two of Scott's aunts (more like cousins because they are so close in age;) were given the daunting task of finding acommodations for 70 people.  They ended up finding two-6 bedrooms, 3.5 baths condos on the beach about an hour north of our original location.  At one point, I believe each side had over 30 people staying in them (that is at least 10 people per bathroom and 5 people per bedroom)!  I was dreading it at first, but it ended up being a lot more fun than having individual units like previous years.  The only downsides were no pool and being a little further from a large selection of restaurants/activities.  Being able to visit with family more, and walking down to the beach from the deck instead of driving more than made up for the downsides.  We were able to reserve three condos all next door for next year, so we will still be close to everyone and have a little more living space to spread out.  Awesome job everyone that helped find the condo last minute!    

    
After we put the kids to bed, Scott and I would come sit and talk in the rocking chairs while we listened to the ocean and looked at the stars.  It was so relaxing, and we had so many great conversations with different people. 

Rigby and Peter LOVED watching the older boys play video games.

Peter played his fair share of video games too.  Since we do not have a gaming system at home, Peter would concentrate so hard on the game and controller that he would gradually step closer and closer to the TV screen until his body was blocking all the other player's views.  Even though he was lost half of the time, he had a blast and the older boys were very patient to help him.  I have to admit, I am SO glad we do not have a gaming system yet.  I had to pry that darn controller out of his hands while he cried just so we could go get ice cream!

I love the boys' expressions when we went to get ice cream!

Miss Adeline thought it was great that everybody was sharing yummy treats with her!
     Side note:  One afternoon I gave Adeline some fruit snacks while I went outside to hang up some clothes for 2 or 3 minutes.  I came back to her crying hysterically and then gagging/choking.  At first I hit her on the back a few times, and then I tried to see if I could stick my finger down her throat to fish it out.  Neither worked because the darn thing was wedged too deep into her little body.  I started to panic and ran outside to ask for help.  Several of Scott's aunts helped to calm me down and eventually the family nurse, Becky, came and helped.  For about 10 or 15 minutes she kept gagging, choking, and crying while saliva and little pieces of blue fruit snack poured out of her mouth.  While Scott was holding her, she finally threw up some of her lunch and the stupid, blue, Walmart, smiley-face fruit snack!  The poor girl was tramatized and so was I.  This experience brought back all of those emotions from when she almost choked to death as a newborn.  I will never look at those darn, blue fruit snacks the same way again. 
     Unfortunately, that was not the last choking experience for her.  While I was at girl's night out, Scott gave her a cracker that she crammed into her mouth and started to choke on.  Scott ended up having to fish it out of her throat.  The silly girl needs to learn to slow down and chew her food!
       

Rigby loved his orange net.

Adeline enjoyed running all over the beach and playing in the waves.  I am amazed she was still enough for these two pictures because most of the time I was literally running after her.  Also, you can start to see my baby bump (16 weeks) for baby #4!


Scott built this sand castle with a little bit of help from Peter.  I must apologize for not remembering to take a picture of Scott at the beach (even in front of his own sand creation, sorry my boy).


Me and the kids who are having way too much fun to stop for a picture.

Aunt Melissa (Scott's sister) and the Rigster.

Scott's Aunt Jenny was able to take some family pictures for us.  Despite the fact that the camera equipment, kids, and wind were not cooperating, they turned out well.  Thanks Jenny!  Here are some of my favorites:





Thanks for the great time everyone!  We are so excited for next year!

No comments: