Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

These are the only pictures we have of Thanksgiving this year.  Scott ended up having to work the weekend before Thanksgiving and 12 hour days the week of and weekend after Thanksgiving; so anything that was not mandatory, did not get accomplished.  Thankfully, for the actual Thanksgiving Day, he only worked at home for a few hours.  We ended up sleeping in until 10:30 because we were both so exhausted from work/kids; as a result, we did not eat until 7 pm that night.  The meal was still yummy though, and I have enjoyed not making dinner or lunch the last few days.


This is our grateful/thankful poster we made for Family Home Evening in November.  It ended up being one of the easiest and most fun activities we have ever done.


Last night when I was coming in from taking the garbage outside, the boys heard me and thought it was Scott.  Upon seeing me, Peter said disappointingly, "oh, it's just you" and Rigby started to cry.  I agree with them; I miss my Scottie.  So, the number one thing I am grateful for this year is that I have a husband who is normally able to be at home most evenings and weekends.  Also, I am grateful that he is such a wonderful father and willing to be involved with the kids a lot.  Just to clarify though, I was not this positive about the situation during the week.  There were many grumpy moments and tears.  I have repented until next time though! :)

No comments: