Sunday, July 24, 2016

Rigby's Kindergarten School Papers and Graduation

Here are some highlights of things that Rigby completed during Kindergarten this year:


This is a piece from early in the year. He wrote about frogs and how they eat flies. I am not sure exactly what it all says though.

He wrote: I like my family. I like frogs.

He talked about this art project for weeks before he did it and weeks after he completed it. Despite the grim expression, this boy LOVES frogs and art projects-just not pictures.

I used potty humor to get a big grin out of him for this picture. These are colored egg shells with a border of Mardi Gras beads.

Out of all the drawings he did this year, I thought this was one of his best ones. He told me that he was looking at a picture of a tree frog when he drew this.

Ms. Kottemann and Rigby with his frog award for "being hoppy at all times." He really is such an even tempered kid most of the time.

Both Scott and I were a little concerned that Rigby's speech delay would effect how he did in Kindergarten, but in the end his teacher recommended that Rigby test to get into a more advanced class. One of my favorite stories from his teacher is when she had each of the kids come back and choose a career card for what they wanted to do when they got older. Rigby looked at each card and said, "I don't like any of these. Can I be an inventor instead?" Ms. Kottemann said she was surprised because all the other kids just picked their favorite one, but Rigby in his ever creative way wanted something different. He tells me that he and Peter will work together when they get older; Rigby will come up with the invention ideas and make the drawings while Peter does the math for the inventions. We love our sweet, creative, frog-loving boy!

No comments: