Friday, May 13, 2016

Peter's 2nd Grade School Papers

Here is a hightlight of things that Peter completed in or during 2nd grade.

He wrote: I hope that we get to do expanded form in the a thousands. I hope that I can bring my rock caleschin. I hope that we do a lot of math on the last day of school. I wish I can be on be safe.

Under Favorites He Wrote: Food: bannana split; Movie: The lego movie; Book: pokemon Dictionary; Subject: math; Color: blue; When I grow up I want to be: math teacher.

This was one of many late night projects/reports that Scott and I helped him complete the night before it was due. He was so proud of it when it was done. He is always telling me how he likes to get A's and always knows exactly how many non-A grades he gets.

Peter dressed up as a Brooklyn Dodgers player in Jackie Robinson's day to present his report.

His class had a poetry reading near the end of school. This is the poem that he wrote for it. I really wish I could have gone to at least one of his school events, but they have a very strict policy on no younger siblings (annoying).

He is not keen on most art projects, but he does love to create geometric patterns (obsessed with math even through art!).

Here are some fun papers I have found around the house that represent Peter.

Guess he was mad at us when he drew this! The red stuff is blood.

He does math problems on his own for fun.

He calls this picture his Ruby Sapphire Snake.

Peter loves to create things on the computer. He is really interested in collecting rocks and their names.

Peter may deny it, but he really enjoys learning at school. Unfortunately, he inherited my perfectionism and always thinks he is not doing well enough. We are trying hard to reinforce to him that he is doing just fine. He was able to test into a more advanced reading, writing and math class which has been a good challenge even if he will not admit it. Even with all of the drama between he and I during homework, I really do enjoy helping him with his school work and watching him progress. 




No comments: