Friday, March 10, 2017

Reuben's 3rd Birthday




Reuben was distraught that Netflix got rid of Jake and the Neverland Pirates. So he was so excited to get some Jake shows or "Ho Ho" as he calls it.

Another hit was this inexpensive candy dispenser that Nana and Grandpa Flamm gave him.

Reuben also got a remote control car for his birthday. He seemed to love it that night, but the next day he started screaming hysterically anytime he saw it. We think Peter might have scared Reuben with it and ever since then, he starts screaming and crying while saying, "I scared of my car!"

Oh Reuben! He can be such a fun energetic little boy one second and then the next second he can be a little gremlin; I call it his Dr. Jekell-Mr. Hyde complex. He still has the cutest dimples even though he is super skinny. He currently only eats peanut butter and jam, macaroni n'cheese, two types of sugar cereal and pizza--no fruits or vegetables. We have done everything in our power to get him to eat more variety of food, but he is so incredibly stubborn that we have made zero progress. In fact I have been so worried about him nutritionally that I tried to get him to drink Pediasure; of coarse he hated it, just like cookies, ice cream and donuts. We have actually shoved cookies, ice cream and donuts into his mouth, so he know what they taste like, but he STILL refuses to eat them because he is unsure of them and he knows we want him to eat them. Reuben loves me to read books to him and loves to play little teasing games with Scott. If it were up to Reuben, I think he would choose to go to work with Scott over staying at home with me; he loves his daddy very fiercely, but will quickly switch allegiances to anyone else if it gets him something or somewhere he wants to be. Much to Rigby's and Adeline's dismay he is a merciless teaser. He is hopefully starting speech soon, which I think will help with some of his power struggles. He is such a fun big brother to Timothy and I can tell some day they are going to be best buds like Peter and Rigby. My hope for Reuben is that he will make good decisions as a teenager and then I will never have to worry about him because once he has made up his mind, there is no changing it!    

Reuben threw a tantrum on the way home from church recently. Hestrained his body so hard that the capillaries just under his skin burst leaving behind tiny pools of blood that look like a pin-prick type rash all over his face and elbows. It took two days for the rash to disappear.

The kid is such a goof ball. He put stickers all over his clothes and arms and then showed me while giggling at himself. He makes me laugh!


We love you Reuben!

No comments: