Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Loveland Living Aquarium & Penguin Encounter

Loveland Living Aquarium
The kids and I posing inside the replica of a megalodon jaw (thought to be one of the largest sharks ever at 59ft long, ah!).

I love it when they all cooperate for a picture (mostly).


Peter rarely allows pictures these day, so I was happy to oblige him when he asked me to take this picture.


Penguin Encounter
A few months ago I was reading a news article about penguins and they quoted someone from the Loveland Living Aquarium in Draper, Utah. They happened to mention guests being able to pay an extra fee to help feed the penguins once a day. Since this aquarium is only 20 minutes from my parents house and Peter adores penguins, I decided it was a must do for our summer list. Tim was too young but all the other kids were able to participate. They all LOVED it, except Reuben; he was terrified of the penguins and would not sit on his bum the entire time. I ended up feeding all his fish to the penguins while he touched my arm, ha! I felt like this was very much worth the extra money.

They sprayed white poop all over the place, yuck!


I love this picture of Peter. His face shows pure joy and adoration for the experience. He gave me a couple hugs afterwards and couldn't stop saying, "thank you so much!"


Here is my dad feeding a penguin.
 

A fight between Pebbles and Rico-just like my kids.

No comments: