Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was busy! First of all, we were able to have Kristine (Scott's mom) visit. She drives for various companies, transferring cars/trucks between different dealerships, and she was finally able to find a job in Houston. We picked her up from the airport on Wednesday and she did not have to drive back home until Monday evening. Here are the little boys enjoying their grandma time:

Rigby really was enjoying grandma, he just often has that concerned look on his face.


We were able to visit the Alligator Park with her. Here is Kristine, Peter, Rachel, and Rigby in the stroller. Scottie is so good at taking pictures that I forgot to take some of him. So, sorry no pictures of my handsome hubby in this post.

I know we have put up pictures of the alligators before, but Scott got the coolest sequence of pictures this time.

Here Mr. Alligator casually swimming along; . . .
. . . then he jumps up to catch a fish, . . .
. . . comes down with a splash, . . .
. . . chews, and then swallows his meal.

I thought this bird was really neat looking too.

The timing was great for her visit because she watched to kids while we did some sealings at the temple and gave talks in sacrament meeting. We were wondering how we would juggle that because this is how it would have worked: I play the organ, then I talk while Scott does the count and sits with the kids, I play the intermediate hymn, Scott talks while I sit with the kids, and then I play the closing and transition hymn while Scott sits with the kids. That was definitely NOT going to work, so we are VERY thankful that Kristine was here! I think Peter would have been upset to sit with someone he did not know very well while he saw Scott and I up on the stand.

Lastly, we enjoyed some wonderful smoked brisket and fried chicken with barbeque sauce at a ward party. Wow, Texas people really know how to cook good meat.

No comments: