Thursday, June 24, 2010

Water Fights, Rockets, and Fun

Peter, Rigby, and I were able to fly to Utah last Thursday night. Thanks to a wonderful invention called a portable DVD player, Peter was well-behaved for most of the flight. Rigby was golden as usual. On the way to pick up my luggage, I had Rigby strapped to my front in a baby carrier, a back pack on my back, a roller bag in one hand, and an umbrella stroller containing Peter in the other hand. I must have been quite the sight because a couple of TSA workers began laughing as they saw me pass.

We have had a lot of fun. Peter and Isabelle either get along fabulously or fight fabulously as only 2 year olds can. Here are way too many pictures of all of our fun so far.

WATER FIGHTS

Here are Peter and Aunt Marissa getting soaked.

Grandma running while carrying both kidos as they chase after Grandpa.
This is almost 60 pounds of toddlers!

Sadie (the dog) got a little jealous and thought she should be carried as well.

Peter with one of his favorite toys--the hose.

Here is my sister Sara who is 29 weeks pregnant and only weighs 5 pounds more than my current weight (and I am at my goal weight). Ridiculous!

Here are Rigby and I enjoying our time outside.

ROCKETS

My dad has a compressor that he uses to launch paper rockets. Peter and Isabelle went crazy over it. Peter loved to stick the rocket onto the launcher and press the button. Isabelle loved to run and retrieve the rockets. This is really typical of their personalities: Peter the mechanical guru and Isabelle the Energizer Bunny.

I love Peter's expression as he presses the button. My Dad had to cover the button, so Peter could not press it too soon or on Isabelle's turn. His life would be complete if he could press one of those giant red buttons that you always see in the movies.

Grandpa with his little rocket monsters.
Isabelle and Peter are both entrenched in the mine phase of life, so they had a little fight during all of this rocket fun. I think Peter might have been teasing Isabelle by trying to grab her rocket, so she decided to sit on him and push his face into the grass. Silly kids. Both of them threw trantrums when we said it was time to go home.

FUN

Here is Peter enjoying his bubble gun.

I love this cute picture of Isabelle. Those eyes are just filled with mischief!

The hoodlums taking a SHORT break from their mischievous activities.

Here are the kids helping Grandpa open his Father's Day gift.

I love these two pictures of Rigby with my parents:

And Mom, I think you look great in this picture no matter what you say.



By the way, Scottie, we miss you and wish you could be here. He is currently staying home to work and has volunteered to paint our ridiculously large entry way while we are gone. Isn't he great. Love you, my boy! (I know, really mushy, but I miss him.)

No comments: