Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Yard Improvements

I think both Scott and I are ready to be done with yard improvements for a long while. Here is the yard just after we moved in last summer:


After A LOT of weeding, digging up of half dead bushes, planting new bushes, pruning, more weeding, edging the lawn, watering the grass, and did I mention weeding :(, here is the finished product:
It is not as perfect as I would like it, but it will do for now.

Our grass was so overgrown that our electric edger could not cut through the grass. So, yesterday I went out with the kidos to edge it manually with one of those half-moon edgers. Progress was slow because I had to keep shoving the bink in Rigby's mouth. Also, I had to keep Peter from stomping on and dismantling our neighbor's sprinkler heads and keep him from getting run over by cars in the street. I guess the landscaping guys doing our other neighbor's yard felt sorry for me, so one of them offered to edge our lawn for free. THANK YOU! It made me wish that ALL of our unfinished projects around the house would resolve themselves so easily. Oh well, that is life I suppose.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

It looks great! One day we will have a home to do the landscaping too!