Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2nd Honeymoon in Belize

We decided that now was a good time to throw in a 2nd honeymoon before we get more kids than our parents are willing to watch (no, I'm not pregnant). Kristine (Scott's Mom) was so great to watch the kids for us. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! We had always talked about going to Mexico where Scott served his mission, but things are not looking too safe in Mexico these days. So, we choose Belize because it is only a two hour flight from Houston, and we could experience both the mountains for some hiking and the beach for some relaxation. Belize used to be a British colony so the main language is English. Tourism is their number one industry, so they are generally very nice to tourists. We were able to go hiking, visit some Mayan ruins and caves, and go snorkeling.

Here is a picture of how we exited the plane in Belize City. Because security is not as big of a deal in Belize, their airport was so relaxed compared to the United States.

I know this is random, but I could not resist sharing some amusing "Sky Mall" products I found.


Who thinks up these things? And who buys them? I guess this is what I have to take pictures of when I do not have my cute kids around to amuse/annoy me!

There are more pictures in the next 3 posts.

One last thing. Since this is the first time we have both left the kids for more than a few hours, Peter was confused as to why we left and where we had gone to. So, in his prayers he prayed, "Bless Uncle Ryan (Scott's brother on a mission in Argentina) and Mommy and Daddy on their missions." So cute! I'll go on another mission like this any day!

1 comment:

Katie Wells said...

Rachel! Scott! How fun! I love seeing little updates on your life! Your boys are super cute and you two are so happy!

Never a dull moment!

You should check out our blog sometime! I am getting better at keeping it updated... Hopefully the good habit will last!

bryanandkatiehansen.blogspot.com

Lots of Love,

Katie Hansen