Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hidden Valley Inn

We stayed at Hidden Valley Inn in the mountains of Belize for the first 4 nights. It was so peaceful and beautiful. We loved the beach, but the mountains were definitely our favorite. They have a couple of chefs that cook every meal. I do not think I have ever had so many delicious and top-notch meals! The rooms were each a separate cottage.
The inside of the cottages were very fancy by Belizian standards. I love how they used the flowers to decorate the beds every day.

We had a room guest our first night which we promptly kicked out.
The inn has hundreds of acres of land with trails that you can go hiking through. They also have several water falls. One of our favorites was butterfly falls.

Oh, how romantic!

We ran into these leaf-cutter ants everywhere.
We were amazed that they could carve out such distinct trails like this.

Many of the trails had little log bridges. Some of them seemed a little unstable. You definitely would not want to be on these when it is raining!

We also biked a little bit. I teased Scott about turning 30 this year because he had difficulty keeping up with me on the bikes:). I love you my boy (or should I say old man)!

No comments: