Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Piano

My sister, Sara, just got a piano and wanted to see a picture of mine. I love my piano, and I love the fact that it was free! Just after we had moved into the house, the Relief Society President called and asked if I wanted a piano. Someone in the ward was moving and did not want to drag the piano along again, and my name was mentioned because I played and did not have a piano yet. I really think that Heavenly Father made this possible, because shortly after this I was asked to play for the stake choir, then ward organist, and then a rotating pianist for the ward choir! I would not have been able to practice for all of these things without a piano at home. It was made by an Amish piano maker in the 1920's. I am pretty sure that most of the keys have still have the original ivory on them. Some day I should have a piano technician come take a look at it and tune it.

This seat has beautiful needlepoint on it.

Hopefully, this piano will survive my little monsters!

No comments: