Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Reunion in Nauvoo

The end of May/beginning of June, Rigby, Peter, and I were able to visit Nauvoo for a family reunion with my Mom's family. I enjoyed being able to visit with my sisters, parents, grandparents, cousins, and all the little kids. The boys had a blast with so many kids to run around with that were their age. There were 14 kids, all fives years and younger; what a zoo! The only ones missing were my mom's brother Ken and his family and my Scottie. Considering I had a 16 month old and a 3 1/2 year old tag along, we were able to accomplish a lot of sight seeing in seven days: Liberty and Carthage Jail, Far West, Adam-ondi-Ahman and many sights in Nauvoo.

Here is a picture of our rental cars and the condo where we stayed at Nauvoo.

We did not spend too much time at the condo, so I only have a few pictures of the kids playing there. Here is one of Isabelle and Peter trying to boss one another around (see the wagging fingers) while hiding out in the entertainment center.

Here is Peter doing what he does best these days-hoarding toys. Shoving them down his shirt is a new one; gotta keep them safe somehow! Silly boy!
Here is Rigby displaying some hoarding skills learned from his brother.

While in Nauvoo we were able to celebrate my Grandparent's 62nd wedding anniversary, two other wedding anniversaries, and seven birthdays for the month of June.
Grandpa Stewart with the boys.

No comments: