Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nauvoo

This temple is not only beautiful architecturally, but beautiful in a spiritual sense because of all the faith and sacrifice it represents. I absolutely LOVE all of the wood work inside.

We were able to have a picnic at the park with my Uncle Evan and his family, along with some of my cousin's wife's family. Ignore my name labeling; it is for future reference when I have memory lapses.

Sara, Marissa, Rachel, Rigby, Dad, & Peter

Grandma Farrow & Kim's family

Kristen, Rowan, Maddie, KaraLee, Grant, Evan, baby Everett & Kim
Beth, Nancy, Lyman, Scott, Amanda & Jeff
We took a wagon ride around all of Nauvoo. Peter loved it, but Rigby kept trying to jump out of the wagon.
Rigby, Peter and I trying to get a decent picture on a wagon. I have finally learned that with kids this age, you just look at the camera and smile for multiple pictures and hope that you catch one picture with both kids looking towards the camera-even if they have scowls on their faces.

This is the former home of Chauncey Griswald Webb whom is my 4th great grandfather through my dad's side. He ran one of the blacksmith shops in town with his four sons.
These are quotes along "the trail of hope" which the pioneers walked as they were forced from their beautiful Nauvoo. This quote made me re-evaluate my "I have no furniture in my house!" complaints. I tried to imagine chopping up my most valued piece of wooden furniture or my violin (I'm tearing up now thinking of this one!). I do not think I could be this positive. What amazing people and faith!
This quote was just GREAT! I'd love to talk with her someday.
Where the "trail of hope" meets the Mississippi River, there is a memorial to all those pioneers who died making the trek across the plains to Utah. There are hundreds of name listed, but I believe only one grave is marked along the trail today.

What better way to end a post than with my cute little boys.
This is what life is all about-the important stuff!

No comments: