Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Bath, Adeline Update & An Impossible Photo Shoot

Like most newborns, Adeline hated her 1st bath:

 


          When Adeline was first born, she was a very sleepy and easy going baby (minus the crazy ER experience:).  However, as soon as the 3 week mark came, she woke up.  She can be content one minute and then within a few seconds she is crying so hard that she has a hard time breathing.  I think she will be a little more intense like Peter.  Although being intense can be difficult at this stage, I know it will make elements of her personality fun as she gets older; I just have to endure until then!  
          I LOVE that she hardly ever spits up.  On the other hand, she has A LOT of smelly gas.  She rivals many adults with the smell!  I was thinking we would call her "Angry Bird" because of her crying, but now we have decided it would be more appropriate to call her something like "Stinky Pete."  I am anxiously awaiting for her gas issues to get better though, so she is not so fussy and I can get more sleep at night!  
          I love watching the boys with her.  Rigby will sometimes acknowledge her existence now.  He was looking at picture of her the other day and said, "my baby."  He will also give her a kiss goodnight.  Peter adores her-almost too much sometimes.  He will often smother her in kisses and come up and say, "Are you my cute baby?" or "Hey baby girl," or anything he has heard Scott and I say to her.  He is always telling me, "I love my baby sister," and, "do you think my baby sister loves me?"  I think that Adeline enjoys Peter's attention because she will usually stop fussing and stare very intently at him while he talks to her.


My mom and I attempted to get some good pictures of all 3 kids and some of just Adeline.  I think we took over 100 pictures between the two of us and only got a few good ones.  I do not know how photographers get good pictures of kids because I found it to be almost impossible!

We get after Peter for picking his nose all the time.
He will eat the boogers too; he says, "eating boogers make your tongue strong."  YUCK!

Rigby refused to cooperate, even for treats!

Finally, a decent picture of all three!

Adeline - 1 month old

She is still a little cross-eyed sometimes.

 
I love the little O-shape she makes with her mouth.

No comments: