Monday, May 5, 2014

Swamp Tour

We went on the Honey Island Swamp Tour.  It was fun, but I probably would not pay to go again.  We found out afterward that we would have seen more wildlife later in the year.  Honestly, I think we saw more wildlife closer up at the Alligator Park (Brazos Bend SP) near our old house in Sugar Land.

 
Adeline behaved okay, but it took a lot of effort to keep her happy and sitting on Grandma's lap.

Reuben was fabulous, again!  It was hilarious to watch his expressions while the wind was blowing in his face; his slobber kept blowing all over his face.  He ended up falling asleep for half of the trip.

The Louisiana State Tree is the Bald Cypress.  Our guide said this tree was probably 800-900 years old.



Great Blue Heron


It would be an interesting experience to live in one of these houses.  I think I could last a week and then I would be ready to live in my suburban house again.


No comments: