Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Peter - First Grade

Peter on his first day of 1st grade! 
(Technically the 3rd week, but hey it still counts if it is within the first month, right?!)

He told me he would let me take a nice picture if I would also let him take a silly one too!

Peter loves learning and generally enjoys school, but the beginning of 1st grade has been a little bit of a struggle for him.  He is having to write sentences and figure out how to spell things on his own, but he is gradually figuring it out and getting less frustrated.  He loves math and is eager to start doing multiplication and division.  He also enjoys music; he remembers words and melodies well, and usually always sings in tune.  His favorite songs, not from school but primary: "God Gave Us Families" and "Families are Forever."  He told me the other day, "I love our family, Mom.  I am glad I chose this family."  I am glad you chose us too, Peter!      

No comments: