Thursday, February 5, 2015

Christmas Fun

We were able to go to Utah for Christmas this year.  It turned out to be good timing because in addition to my parents and siblings we were able to see Jason, Lindsey and their boys and my cousin Kristen and her family.  Also, we were able to spend time with my Grandma and Grandpa Farrow; I am very thankful for this because since Christmas my Grandfather has had some struggles with his health and I do not know how much longer he will be here.  Here are some pictures of some of the activities we were able to do while visiting.

Grandma & Grandpa Time

Peter & Great Grandma Farrow (former 1st grade teacher) bonding over math.

Peter reading to Great Grandma Farrow & Grandma Stewart.
Adeline is getting Grandma snuggles.

Great Grandpa Farrow and Reuben hanging out.

Snow Time
Since our kids have only lived in the South, snow is a very magical thing for them.  Rigby and Peter went out and played in it for 30 or 40 minutes, but Adeline spent less than 10 minutes before she decided the house was a better temperature for her.  Unfortunately, we all got sick with two strains of the flu for the last half of our trip, so the kids were unable to go out again. 

Grandma Stewart & Adeline
Adeline is wearing my old pink coat that went through all us girls (Rachel, Sara, & Marissa).


Peter helped my mom to shovel the sidewalks.  I love that he is old enough for slave labor now;).

Rigby had a blast throwing snow at my mom.

Since living in the South, I dislike the cold winters in Utah (my family calls me a wimp, but I say they would probably be wimps during our hot/humid Louisiana summers); but every time I see the beautiful mountains it makes the cold more bearable. I love that I grew up with such a beautiful view from my house. I miss it!

Jason and Lindsey's Family
Scott's brother Jason and his wife Lindsey were in American Fork (Lindsey is from AF as well) for Christmas.  We all ate at chick-fil-a and then, went to her parents house to visit while the kids played.
Josh (3), Danial (5), Luke (10 months), Adeline (2), Rigby (4), Reuben (11 months), Peter (6)


Scott & Jason


Kristen & Evan's Family

Kristen and Evan came with their 4 kids from Colorado to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Farrow.  We ended up having 17 people (eight kids 7 years and younger!) stay in my parents 2700 square foot house!  Our boys loved playing with their boys and we had a lot of fun talking and playing games with Kristen and Evan.  It made me wish we lived closer.

Our kids slept in the family room of the basement.


Kristen's kids, our kids, and 2 of Sara's 3 kids
Audrey (4), Reuben (11 monthe), Peter (6), Isabelle (7), Quinn (1), Conner (7), Rigby (4), Everett (3), Adeline (2), Kaleb (5)


Peter also had a blast playing with Isabelle.  Poor Rigby is the 3rd wheel when those two get together.


Lights at Temple Square

Kristen, Quinn, and Rachel

Adeline drowning in Aunt Moo's old coat.

Reuben and I kept each other warm!

A small scale replica of the Salt Lake City Temple.




Chocolate Lips/Mustaches & Gingerbread House

Our kids loved doing the chocolate lips and mustaches so much this summer that my mom decided to do it again.  I think it might become a tradition.



The gingerbread house construction crew, complete with Adeline digging for gold in her nose.

No comments: