Thursday, February 5, 2015

Overnight Date

While we were in Utah, we left the kids with my parents and went skiing, out to eat at the New Yorker, and then stayed overnight at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City.  It was so incredibly nice to have a break from the kids and to spend some quality, uninterrupted time with Scottie. Thank you so much for watching the kids mom and dad!!!  I have decided that skiing is not really my thing, but maybe I would change my mind if I went without still having a small fever and chills from the flu.  Despite the flu though, we both had a blast!


For the first couple of hour Scott brushed up on his skiing skills and took some pictures of the beautiful mountains while . . .


. . . I took ski lessons and fell on my face a couple of times.


Later we met up for some hot chocolate and then coasted VERY slowly (for my sake) down a run.

Here is a picture of the ski lodge at Brighton. When we left at about 6 pm, the temperature was -4 F.  Way too cold for me!

The Grand America Hotel was so nice that they had a fridge camouflaged in this buffet cabinet.  

The true test of how nice and clean a hotel room is, is to walk around without shoes and see how black your feet/socks get.  By the end of the night, my socks were still white, so I think it is safe to say their carpets are cleaner than my carpets at home!   

No comments: