Thursday, March 20, 2014

Kids' Update

Adeline has turned into a little mommy since Reuben has been born.  She is always running to grab his pacifier, sharing her food or drinks with him, patting him on the head, and giving him kisses.  It has been so cute (and annoying sometimes) to see her take care of her little brother.  We have plans to eventually move Reuben into Adeline's room, but for now we are afraid she will smother him out of love.  

Adeline is still into clothes as well.  Santa brought her dress-up clothes for Christmas, but things like Peter's and Rigby's underwear and Reuben's onsies are more appealing than her cute skirts.    



Rigby has become even closer to Scott since Reuben has been born.  He has been so stuck on Scott lately that he will wake up in the middle of the night and move his bedding to sleep next to our bed.  I feel bad because I am struggling to balance my time with each of the kids and Rigby seems to be the one that I always forget.  I have been spending some time trying to figure out his speech and allergy issues lately.  It made me feel good to hear him say to Scott and my Mom, "Mommy took me to the doctor and got me medicine to make it better."  So I guess he does see me helping him somehow. 
 
Rigby still falls asleep in the strangest places.  As usual Rigby was not in his room the other night, so I began to check every room in the house to see where he had crashed.  He scared me to death because he ended up being in the last room I checked.  He had fallen asleep on the tile in Adeline's bathroom with the door shut and lights off so it was pitch black.  Crazy kid!


This is how Rigby eats anything with a skin. 


Peter has probably been the least effected since Reuben's birth because he is at school a lot of the day.  Although, he does seem to try and sneak or do things without asking first, so that has been a little frustrating.  His school recently had a showcase night where he could show me some of his school work and we were able to do some activities together.  Peter loves it when we come to school with him and I love sharing the entire school experience with him.  Here is some of his artwork:



Reuben has made great progress this past week.  He is starting to be more content and enjoys studying our faces now.  He seems to be the biggest baby out of all the kids and also the strongest.  He prefers sitting up to laying down and he loves to practice lifting his head and standing.  Sometimes I wonder if part of his frustrations are because he feels physically limited.  I think this kid is going to be a busy body once he figures out how to move!

No comments: