Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Louisiana Lesson Learned

It all started when I was dropping a meal off to someone I know from church back in March. They have a gravel driveway that makes a half circle through their yard. There was no room to pull all the way through so I decided to turn around through the middle of their yard instead of backing up (I was afraid I would back up crooked and back into the ditch).  Well, that was a very naive decision.  It had been raining a lot, so even though it did not look too bad, the ground was very saturated and I got stuck. The dear sister called her two brothers who tried to help me out with a chain, then our tow rope when Scott arrived, and finally we decided we needed to call AAA who ended up pulling our van out with a wench. The lady's entire family was very kind as I apologized multiple times for taking up a few hours of their evening; one of her brothers said, "that's okay, I have teenage girls that have gotten stuck before." Great! Me, a Utah girl from the desert, now has the status of a Louisiana teenage girl.  Another Louisiana Lesson learned! 




No comments: