Thursday, June 18, 2015

Puerto Rico!

My amazingly sweet husband surprised me with a trip to Puerto Rico for our 10 year wedding anniversary/Mother's Day gift. Also, my wonderful parents were still willing to watch our four little monsters even though they had to travel immediately from my grandfather's burial to the airport in order to still make the flight. Thank you!

This trip was much more relaxed than our Belize trip because we did not have time to plan things in advance and we were both so tired from taking care of kids, work, church callings, etc. It is amazing how much crazier life has become since 5 years ago. We took midnight walks along the beach each night, and then got to sleep in! We ate out every meal; it was delicious! I am gaining weight again thinking about it.

Scott had fun taking tons of pictures without having to hurry in order to help me chase down a kid or two.

Love this handsome, sweet man!

We went on a little walk in the rainforest and enjoyed the unique plants and beautiful views.



We visited the old Spanish forts and learned some Puerto Rican history.

The American, Puerto Rican, and Old Spanish Armada Flags

Some drawings done by a prisoner in the 1500's.


Old San Juan reminded me of the French Quarter only in Caribbean colors!

We enjoyed the view of the beach from our hotel room,

And lots of kissing! I love you Scottie!

No comments: