Monday, August 25, 2014

Toy Chores

Since the kids' birthdays and Christmas are so near each other I have decided to give each of them an opportunity to earn a toy during the summer by doing some BIG chores.  Honestly it would be easier for me to do the chores myself rather than prod them along, but I guess they would not learn how to be hard workers.  Rigby and Peter ended up doing these chores: 1) deep cleaning their bathroom; 2) sorting, washing, folding, and putting away laundry; 3) cleaning the van.  It was a painful process, but I think they gained a little bit of appreciation for all of the hard work (at least for a mere few hours).  Peter told me, "Mom, I don't want to ever do those things again!  They were too hard!"  Rigby said, "Those were easy! I want to do them again!" (Rigby is always telling me the opposite of what he thinks I want to hear-stubborn boy!) 

Peter with his Ninjago Lego set:


Rigby with his Bucky ship from Jake and the Neverland Pirates:

Adeline got jealous of the boys' toys so I got out some of my old childhood toys.  Do you remember trolls?  Goodness, they really were ugly!

It did not work though.  She still stole the boys' toys when they were not looking.  I almost regretted giving them the toys after a long afternoon of arguing!


I think I deserve a toy now!

No comments: