Thursday, May 12, 2016

Reuben's 2nd Birthday

I completely forgot to decorate for Reuben's birthday. I guess Christmas took more out of me than I thought. I promise it will be more festive for birthday number three, Reuben!

Reuben LOVED his Mickey Mouse balloon!

He was terrified of the candles, so I had to help him.

This kid has never needed help to unwrap a gift though.


He adores his pillow pet and must have it in bed every night.

We had spaghetti and bread sticks which he will eat if they are the ones I make.

You know he is a fourth child when he guards all of his gifts carefully for the rest of the night, so his older siblings can not take them away!

Reuben is a very strong, stubborn and goofy little boy. We are always mistaking his knock for an adult or his older siblings because it is so strong. I guess he will make a great missionary knocking on doors some day! His stubborn nature is difficult these days and affects every aspect of his life right now. Everything is a fight with him-getting dressed, buckling his car seat, eating, going to bed, sitting in a stroller, changing his diaper, etc. When it comes to food, he will only eat some pastas, some breads, peanut butter & jam sandwiches, oatmeal with bananas, crackers, chicken nuggets and will now finally eat chocolate. The only reason he has any meat on those skinny little bones of his is because he drinks A LOT of whole milk. We keep trying to expand his diet, but he will not try anything new including any and all fruit and veggies. He drives me CRAZY! It is a good thing he has those dimples because they can melt my heart even after the millionth fight of the day. His stubbornness and determination will work to his advantage some day when he learns to channel it towards a better purpose (I hope). When he is not displaying his stubborn nature, he can be a very goofy and fun kid. He is always making some silly noise or facial expression that makes us laugh. We love you Reuben!

No comments: